The staff and Governors of Castledon School are committed to ensuring that provision is made for all pupils to make maximum progress.
The Pupil Premium is designed to ensure that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it the most. The funding is allocated to Local Authorities and schools with pupils from Reception to Year 11 who are eligible for Free School Meals, are looked after or have parents currently in the Armed Forces.
We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for Free School Meals. The Senior Leadership Team will allocate this funding to support pupils with premium pupil funding alongside other pupils within their cohort.
All our work through the Pupil Premium will be aimed at accelerating progress in learning and personal skills, confidence, interaction, independence and emotional development.
The range of provision could include:
- Participation in trips and visits to improve engagement and vital experiences to develop their literacy, social and mathematical skills
- Providing individual or small group work
- Expanding the breadth of resources available to enhance learning and help all pupils ‘learn to live’.
Pupil attainment and progress is monitored regularly by teacher and the Leadership Team; this will identify specific individual need.
Once identified and when additional support has been provided, the overall effectiveness and impact will be evaluated. This will include:
- Attainment and progress data
- Feedback from pupil, staff and parents/carer
- Evidence of learning – observation and work scrutiny
An annual statement on how Pupil Premium Funding has been used will be placed on the school’s website and can be accessed by opening the attachment.
The amount of Year 7 catch up funding 2016/17 is £6,750.
It is to be spent on : Supporting the literacy curriculum and educational software.